With this week being one of a lot of changes, some stress and uncertainty it can be very easy to end it feeling a little lost and definitely a little misaligned. If you find yourself feeling a little off, or a little not YOU, here are some things that can help you fall back into alignment.
1. Ask For What You Need This is so important.Sometimes we wish that people would understand us and read our minds. The truth is – they can’t. So in order for you to stay true to yourself, you have to ask for what you need. Everyone doesn’t pick up on sensitivities and details the way that you may, so it’s best that if you need something – just ask.
2. Stand Up For Yourself How many times have you let a relative walk away after saying something nasty to you, and you didn’t respond? You then sit there later wishing you would have said something to that person, but you didn’t have the courage to do it. Or maybe there is a facebook post you have seen that is making you feel a certain way, and you just cant get it out of your head. Yes, sometimes its best to just keep quiet, but not always. You have a voice, for a reason.Instead of regretting not saying something later on, speak up when it happens.Don’t harbor your emotions. Stand up for yourself, and voice your concerns about how that person is treating you or what someone may have said. Sometimes people just don’t realize how they are acting. Communication is the key.You can certainly voice your opinion and concerns in a way that is easy for others to comprehend, and do so with love
.3. Do what makes YOU happy and celebrate your wins! YES YES YES- You all know how I feel about this! Try to do this without fear as well. Don’t be afraid that just because something good happens to you, something bad is going to come and take its place. That is a negative way to view things.There’s always room for more joy, and more joy, and more joy. Don’t dampen the fun by fearing that something will go wrong OR living small in fear of how you may make others fear by BEING HAPPY! Accept the moment and be present in it. Celebrate your wins no matter how small you may think they are. Remember, the universe hears it all, feels it all, and provides more of what you give out, back to you.
4. Go Align Yourself, return to your center. MHMMM, say it like GFY !! Go Align yourself is a term I like to use that means return to your center. You know your place of peace. When things seem to not be working out the way that you had planned, do yourself a favor and don’t get so upset. Go Align Yourself!Find your center and realize that every delay is not a denial.Practice centering yourself, and getting aligned in your moments of doubt, uncertainty, and fear. It’s a great skill to learn because it shows you that you don’t need the outside conditions to change in order to find your place of peace internally.
5. Get Curious If you’re curious about something – explore it.Following your curiosity is a sure way to realign with your true self. You have your curiosity for a reason. How many times have you been intrigued by something, followed that impulse to explore it, and found out something great or new about yourself?
6. Journal Get those thoughts out of your head and onto paper.Write out your feelings WITHOUT JUDGMENT so you can get to see what goes on in your mind and how you really feel about stuff. Keeping a journal helps you get a better understanding of yourself and why you feel the way you feel.Explore some of your deepest yearnings and fears by writing down the truth.
This part is important. One thing I do before I journal, is talk to my inner child. Remember the little girl who was afraid to write it down in case someone would read it? You are not that little girl anymore, but she is still in there. Have a trusting conversation with her during a meditation before you journal, create a safe space for yourself.
7. Accept Your “Good” There may be a million reasons why you think you can’t forgive yourself or you think that you are unworthy. There may be a million more reasons why you think you are a bad person or that you deserve the life that you have (if it isn’t going so well).I am here to tell you – that’s BULLSHIT. Not sorry.You are dishonoring yourself if you are holding a grudge against yourself for something you have done in the past.You are intelligent, you have a source that is filled with insanely powerful energy and possibility backing you, and you are capable of turning things around. Don’t fill your head with thoughts of you being unworthy or bad.You may have made a mistake, yes, but to punish yourself over and over again for it is not doing anyone any good, and it’s keeping you from the newness that is trying to enter your life
.8. Follow Your Heart What is it that you have been aching to do, but you haven’t gotten around to it yet? Your impulses are very important.As a matter of fact, your impulses are drives within you that are leading you exactly where you desire to be.
The yearnings of the heart are not going to go away, so it’s best if you honor them. Following your heart is a sure way to realign with your true self.
9. Acknowledge Your ACTUAL Feelings This is important as well. Say life sucks when life sucks. Say you’re angry when you’re angry. Sugar coating how you feel, does not make it go away.As a matter of fact, the more you deny how you feel, the more it will kick and claw its way to the top to make itself known. Be honest with yourself.There is nothing wrong with being angry or upset. It’s a feeling. It lets us know where we are at in that exact moment, and it also lets us know that there’s some adjusting that needs to be done.
10. Practice More Self-Love Give yourself the benefit of the doubt sometimes, ease up, and laugh at your mistakes.
You’ve listened to your inner critic and your negative thoughts for too long, and it’s time to show yourself a little compassion and love.
Keep practicing these things until they feel natural to you, and you’ll realign with your true self in no time. You are imperfect and worthy. Embrace all of your facets. That’s another way to align with your true self.Do anything that you can to realign with your true self (your joy, your center, and your awesomeness).I hope these tips help you along your journey and bring you back to that place that screams HELL YES I AM FULLY COMMITTED TO TOTAL ALIGNMENT.